This is the hottest season of the year, we are all looking for cool places where refuge in the shade and shelter from the scorching sun.
Meryl’s trip the travel heading of Fashion Connery will take you in one of the most beautiful places of Italy.
10 things to do in South Tyrol during summer holidays :
- Excursions on the lakes : Trentino is a region rich in lakes and streams where you can play many sports or just walking even in the company of your four-legged friends. Among the most beautiful Lake Tovel Val di Non is famous for his red color at certain times of the year when an algae that grows not alter the color, and the Lavarone lake.
- Lakeside Snorkeling : The depths of the lakes are often overlooked, but they hide a particular charm especially if equipped with great depth like the Lavarone lake that reaches 20 meters.
- Hotel, Resort, Spa : In these places you will find many hotels that overlook the lake and who provide bathing facilities , spa and various attractions.
- Canoeing : You can rent a canoe or inflatable dinghies and be able to enjoy the view from different angle.
- Boat and pedal : For the most romantic and pedal boats are available because the canoe requires a degree of experience that not everyone has . These two alternatives are ideal for those traveling with children.
- Stone Gym: For lovers of free climbing the Dolomites of Trentino is a true paradise.We recommend for this sport a stone structure(near Lavarone lake) where you can climb safely and practice .
- Bike in Val di Non : a memorable experience will be to whiz on the climbs and descents of the excellent cycle track of the Val Di Non , in addition to seeing beautiful places , peaks and green hills also your sense of smell will be pleasantly stimulated by the wonderful aroma apple orchards you need to pass during cycling .
- Visit Thun Castle : If you want to spend some time feeling of living in a fairy tale , you should visit this wonderful medieval castle belonged to the Thun family. It is located in Val di Non and often hosts cultural events , exhibitions and guided tours . Not to be missed!
- Visit the historic center of Trento and Bolzano and Merano : These three beautiful cities are very popular especially in the winter for their wonderful Christmas markets . In fact the Trentino’s crafts really is very particular , and the Christmas atmosphere in these centers feel a lot. In summer to you can see their architectural beauty, have a great shopping and taste the beautiful local cuisine in many restaurants , which are able to combine tradition with innovation with really good food and wine.
- Caving excursion to the Canyon Rio Sas : If you like adventure, do not hesitate to rent a helemett included in the ticket price for the visit of this magnificent attraction, the walk takes about an hour and a half , but it is not very difficult , and the show definitely worth it.